Hey Dreamers! Ti here! I’m back with the awesome shows from Disney’s California Adventure! Just like Disneyland, there are many shows to enjoy for all ages. May i reinforce that the wonderful thing about all Disney theme parks is that they are more than the rides and attractions. The shows are just as equal, if not sometimes better, in my opinion.
- Disney Junior-Live on Stage! I am going to start off with the awesome, but totally kid-friendly show, Disney Junior- Live on Stage! Even though I am 20 years old, I personally enjoy this show. The kids have so much fun, especially if they are Disney Junior fans. My 8 year old sister loves it. The kids get to sing and dance with their favorite characters from their favorite shows to their favorite songs. The featured shows are Doc McStuffins, Jake and the Never Land Pirates, Sophia the First, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! Show times vary, so be sure to grab a Times Guide before entering the park. It is located in Hollywood Land, you can’t miss it! If you have younger kids with you, let them have some fun with their favorite Disney pals!
- Phineas and Ferb’s Rockin’ Rollin’ Dance Party: Today is going to be a great day! Why? Because you get to rock out with Phineas and Ferb! Enjoy a fun and exciting 25 minute parade with your favorite Disney channel duo. This is fun for all ages, and the little ones will have fun when they are chosen to dance with the duo themselves! On a plus side, it is a great break for the tired parents and a magical time for the little ones! Times vary each day, but it plays numerous times throughout the day.
- Pixar Play Parade: Yep, get ready for a parade of play time with the best Pixar characters around! This parade stars the most beloved characters from Toy Story, A Bug’s Life, The Incredibles, and Finding Nemo, and Monsters University. This is happens throughout the day and is ton of fun. Who wouldn’t want to see all of the classic Pixar characters? Stop on by and play with the Pixar pals. The kids (and adults) will enjoy this!
- Disney’s Aladdin- A Musical Spectacular: Get the chance to experience a Broadway show…for free! Well, technically not free, but there is no separate admission apart from the entry ticket. This show tells the beloved story of Aladdin and his adventures, with one of the best hosts in all of Agrabah: Genie! With Genie as the host, it is quite the comedy! The show lasts about 45 minutes and one of the best pick me ups after walking all day in the parks. It is kid friendly, and all ages can enjoy this experience! It plays about 4 to 5 times a day; grab a Times Guide to check times. It is located in Hollywood Land, at the end of the street, to the right.
- It’s Tough to be a Bug!: If you are not a fan of bugs, this may not be the best show for you. But nonetheless, it is worth the experience. Located in the building in A Bug’s Land, it is a 4D experience that can be frightening for children and adults, those in particular who have a fear of bugs. It is hosted by our ant friend, Flik! It is funny and features familiar and new faces from A Bug’s Life. Drop on in and take a walk with the toughest bugs around!
- Mad Tea Party: If you have heard people say there is nothing like Disney after dark, well then you can’t miss this! Once nighttime hits, Hollywood Land turns into a night club experience! Creatively themed after Alice in Wonderland, this experience is a blast! You can enjoy a live band, all dressed like rock version of Alice in Wonderland characters. It is a party with the rock stars for everyone to enjoy, but this is geared more for the older crowd.
- World of Color: Saved the best for last! The Wonderful World of Color is a nighttime spectacular! It takes place over Paradise Bay, where the bay is lit up and water screens take the stage. It is definitely a must see. Be sure to grab a FastPass by Grizzly River Run to get a good seat! It plays twice a night, just like Fantasmic! It is sure to be a tear-jerker, well at least for me it was. And if you have Glow with the Show ears, they correspond with this spectacular too! It is a magical experience for all ages, young and old, featuring classic and new characters that we have all come to love.
This about sums it up for the shows and entertainment at Disney’s California Adventure! I hope you all go out and enjoy these awesome shows! Which show have you seen that is your favorite?
“For every laugh, there should be a tear.”- Walt Disney